VENENUM Biodesign is focused on discovering and advancing innovative new medicines for the treatment of unmet medical needs in the key therapeutic areas of immuno-oncology and metabolic disease. Our drug discovery team is comprised of biologists and chemists with diverse experience identifying validated small molecule drug targets across therapeutic areas. Using our propriety ECLiPS screening technology, in combination with state-of-the-art HTS assays, we have a proven track record of success in identifying multiple novel chemotypes from which compounds progress into in vivo studies.
Our business model allows us to focus on the creation of high value, innovative small molecule programs against well-validated targets, as well as new targets identified from our own research. We will work with partners for clinical and commercial development to bring our products to patients.
- Our mission is to improve patients’ lives through the discovery of therapeutic compounds against biological targets. Our primary interest includes immuno-oncology targets that harness the immune system to treat cancer, and metabolic pathways involved in NASH biology.
- We utilize state-of-the-art assay development and ultra-high throughput screening (UHTS) against our proprietary 5.5 million ECLiPS compound collection in conjunction with protein engineering, structural biology, in-house medicinal chemistry, and in vivo models.
We are a member of the Genesis Biotechnology Group (GBG), an integrated life science company, located in Hamilton, New Jersey. GBG is easily accessible to academic centers, medical centers, biotech, and pharmaceutical companies in the New York/ New Jersey/ Pennsylvania area.
Venenum Biodesign is a member of Genesis Drug Discovery and Development (GD3) the contract research organization (CRO) of Genesis Biotechnology Group® (GBG). GD3 is a preclinical Contract Research Organization which offers an integrated portfolio of drug discovery services from target validation and assay development to advancing compounds from “hit to lead” to “lead optimization”. GD3’s three portfolio companies. Additional members include:
- Invivotek is focused on custom and standard in vivo drug testing services and phenotypic characterization of genetically modified rodents to support drug discovery and development programs of clients.
- PharmOptima’s in vivo services include studies in the fields of drug absorption, distribution, metabolism, excretion, and pharmacokinetics (ADME/PK). PharmOptima provides liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry (LC-MS/MS) bioanalysis in support of discovery and development programs, including method development and validation in accordance with regulatory guidelines
- NexusPharma is dedicated to the discovery of innovative anti-cancer treatments. Novel drug candidates are tested in patient derived xenograft tumor models or patient derived tumor cell lines that are derived from such PDX models. These models are created to reflect human disease in the most predictable ways. Applying its technologies discovered and developed at Fox Chase Cancer Center, NexusPharma is using PDX models to validate a broad range of biological targets. Fox Chase Cancer Center supports NexusPharma in the development of a physiological, cost-effective platform for pre-clinical compound assessment along with other research activities at NexusPharma to enhance the predictive value of its models for clinical outcomes.